Why we collect Personal Information:
We may ask for or hold personal confidential information about you which will be used to support delivery of appropriate support in your tenancy. This information may include:
- Basic personal details, such as name, address, date of birth, next of kin.
- Bank account details, Benefits that you are currently collecting.
- Any contact we have had, such as appointments, property check visits.
- Notes from any issues within the property.
- Details and records of previous rented properties.
- Information from third parties such as other Landlords or relatives.
We need your information, and may use your information to:
- Undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you, to contact you to arrange or rearrange a property visit.
- To help you in managing your tenancy.
- To be able to contact you to inform you of any changes which may affect you.
- To work effectively with other third parties who may be involved in your tenancy.
- In the creation, renewal and termination of your tenancy your information may be shared with the relevant authorities such as, local council, deposit admin, service and utility providers.
- For research and audit.
How information is retained and kept safe?
Information is stored in secure electronic and paper records and access is restricted to only those who need to know. Once the package is complete we will keep your information for a period of 7 years from the last day of your tenancy. This will then be destroyed via our confidential waste disposal.
The Data Protection Act 1998 regulates the processing of personal information. Strict principles govern our use of information and our duty to ensure it is kept safe and secure. PF & AJ Holdings Ltd. is registered with the National Landlords Association (NLA).
Individual Rights in Relation to the Processing of your Personal Data
It is our responsibility to ensure that the documentation held for all of our service users is relevant, accurate and kept up to date. Any data held shall be processed fairly and lawfully and in accordance with the individual rights of data subjects.
As a Service User you will have the right to:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where the organisation is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
- ask the organisation to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override the organisation’s legitimate grounds for processing data.
Maintaining accurate and up-to-date information assists us in providing you with the best possible support within your tenancy so in order for us to do this please notify us of any changes to your personal information e.g. contact details, bank details, next of Kin etc.
Contacting us if you have a complaint or concern
We try to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. We encourage people to bring concerns to our attention and we take any complaints we receive very seriously. You can submit a complaint by writing to us at:
PF & AJ Holdings Ltd.
25 High Street
Kirton in Lindsey