PFP and PC – Mental health issues
Psychology is the study, evaluation and application of the science of the mind to promote understanding and alleviate distress in all areas of life
- Clinical and Counselling psychologists work with people and organisations in a variety of settings from severe and enduring mental health services to those whom life has challenged, in any way, and who may be struggling to adapt to these challenges. The focus is on working with an individually tailored psychological formulation of difficulties to improve psychological functioning and well-being.
- They formulate problems and difficulties in psychological terms, and drawing creatively on a wealth of psychological theory and techniques, support the finding of ways forward.
- Clinical and Counselling psychologists work directly with complex problems involving individuals, couples, families, groups and service systems.
- Consultancy and training can be provided to carers and health-care professionals in order to maximise the use of their psychological skills.
- At Pat Frankish Psychology and Psychotherapy Consultancy Limited we specialise in providing Psychotherapy for people with disabilities.
Pat Frankish Psychology and Psychotherapy Consultancy Services Limited provide a wide range of psychology and psychotherapy services both locally and nationally
The first of our consulting rooms
We work with a wide range of client groups and individuals including:
- Learning Disability
- Child and Family
- Mental Health (inc. severe and enduring, anxiety, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder)
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Abuse or trauma
- Personality issues
- Adjustment difficulties
- Attachment difficulties
We carry out a range of specialised Psychological Assessments:
- Psychological Distress
- Mental Capacity
- Mental health
- Learning Disability
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Legal and Pre-sentencing reports
- Personal injury
Our Second Consulting room for relaxed and informal conversation
We specialise in a variety of Psychological Interventions:
- Disability Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
We provide consultancy to a variety of services. Including secure provisions for individuals with mental health needs and learning disabilities and acquired brain injury, and social care providers for similar individuals. We can provide care planning for individuals with complex needs. We can evaluate the needs of a failing service, as well as assist services to adjust to new ways of working.
Information for Individuals
We are happy to receive self-referrals. You can telephone to speak to a psychologist to discuss your needs, our rates and to make an appointment. At your first appointment, you will be asked to provide some basic personal and contact information, including your GP name and address. An assessment will be carried out with you to think about what help you might need and options discussed with you.
Your GP will only be contacted with your permission. All psychologists accept that your doctor retains medical responsibility. You will always be told if you could access NHS treatment for your problem.
Some private insurance policies provide cover for psychological treatment. Some require a referral from a Psychiatrist. As they vary, you will need to consult your own policy.
Information for Organisations
We can provide services to organisations on a case by case basis or by contract. This can include:
Teaching and training
We can provide training for a range of psychological issues, models and interventions. Examples of recent training/teaching undertaken are as follows:
- Disability Psychotherapy
- Expert Witness
- Assessing Parents with Learning Disabilities
- Basic Psychological Awareness
- Specific Mental Health Issues e.g. Bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia, personality disorders, Post Traumatic Stress, etc.
- All behaviour has meaning
- Therapeutic Communities/Environments
- Sexually inappropriate and offending behaviour
We can provide instruction on how to address the following.
Schools can choose from below and make a bespoke list that suits their specific needs:-
- Delivery of our Behavioural analysis with enhanced evidence based classroom techniques
- Confidence in how to address behavioural problems
- Bullying and online bullying
- De-escalation techniques
- Mental Health awareness
- Knowing when & how to intervene !
- Observational skills and the importance of non-verbal communications
We can provide consultancy to staff teams to support them in their work with clients.
Client services include:
- Psychological assessment
- Counselling and psychotherapy
- Psychological intervention
Information for Solicitors
We can provide the following services for your clients:
- Expert witness
- Psychology assessment for personal injury claims
- Counselling or psychological intervention
- Support for criminal cases
- Abuse compensation cases
- IQ/Cognitive assessments
- Personal Injury Reports
- Pre-sentence Reports
- Parenting Assessments
- Comprehensive Assessments
- Child Assessment
- Fees and packages are provided on an individual basis according to requirements.
- Please call or email for further information.