Why we collect Personal Information:
We may ask for or hold personal confidential information about you which will be used to support delivery of appropriate treatment. This information may include:
- Basic personal details, such as name, address, date of birth, next of kin.
- Any contact we have had, such as appointments, assessments and home visits.
- Notes from any treatment sessions or assessments
- Details and records of previous and current medical treatment, including notes and reports about your health
- Information from third parties such as other health professionals, your GP, insurers and relatives.
It may also include personal sensitive information such as sexuality, race, your religion or beliefs, and whether you have a disability, allergies or health conditions. It is important for us to have a complete picture, as this information assists the therapist to deliver and provide appropriate treatment to meet your needs.
How we may use your information:
- To contact you to arrange or rearrange treatment sessions
- To help inform decisions that the therapist will make about your treatment
- To ensure that your treatment is safe and effective
- To work effectively with other third parties who may be involved in your treatment
- To review treatment provided to ensure it is of the highest standard possible
- For research and audit
How information is retained and kept safe?
Information is stored in secure electronic and paper records and access is restricted to only those who need to know. Once treatment is complete we will keep your information for a period of 7 years from the last day of treatment. When the client is under 18 years old the file will be kept until 7 years after the clients 18th birthday. This will then be destroyed via our confidential waste disposal.
The Data Protection Act 1998 regulates the processing of personal information. Strict principles govern our use of information and our duty to ensure it is kept safe and secure. Pat Frankish Psychology & Psychotherapy Consultancy Ltd. is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). Details of our registration can be found on https://ico.org.uk/esdwebpages/search Enter our registration number (Z1976933) and click ‘search register’.
Who will the information be shared with?
The personal information that you provide will not be shared with any third parties unless written consent is received from you beforehand.
Your personal information may be shared internally between therapists but only when absolutely necessary and only in order to ensure the most appropriate treatment is being provided. Information will be shared anonymously, with any identifying information being removed.
You have the right to refuse/withdraw consent to information sharing at any time.
Individual Rights in Relation to the Processing of your Personal Data
It is our responsibility to ensure that the documentation held for all of our service users is relevant, accurate and kept up to date. Any data held shall be processed fairly and lawfully and in accordance with the individual rights of data subjects.
As a Service User you will have the right to:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where the organisation is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
- ask the organisation to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override the organisation’s legitimate grounds for processing data.
Contacting us if you have a complaint or concern
We try to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. We encourage people to bring concerns to our attention and we take any complaints we receive very seriously. You can submit a complaint by writing to us at:
Pat Frankish Psychology & Psychotherapy Consultancy Ltd.
25 High Street
Kirton in Lindsey